Useless ideas for the day

hey guys,

  So, I had 2 useless ideas today, but might be good excercises for
  someone who wants to hack something for gnoem:

  1. Applet to monitor a log file, doing some sort of tail -f on the
     flie, so that I can check my logs without having a terminal
     open.

     Sitting on the panel, watching and monitoring.  silently.

  2. ICQ snooper.  Today I started using GnomeICU, and Alan told me
     there is a snooper for ICQ traffic.

     A panel applet that shows this would be ideal for BOFH.

  3. A panel applet to receive talk requests.

     This is a bit harder, because it needs you to modify the talk
     daemon.  You could modify the mali check applet to use the same
     animations if you want.

  4. An applet that would monitor various sources of information, say
     freshmeat, slashdot and so on and show any updates there.

  5. An applet that would keep track of mouse movement (like that Mac
     application that tells you how many kilometers you ahve moved
     your mouse).

best wishes,
Miguel.