Re: Panel auto hide not working with WindowMaker

James Green <gnome@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk> wrote:

} On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Patrick Hartling wrote:
}
} > Several beta versions of WindowMaker ago, auto hiding the GNOME panel
*** stopped
} > working properly for me.  I've just built 0.60.0, and it still isn't working
} > right.  What happens is that the panel height shrinks, but instead of being
} > across the bottom of my screen, it's about 30 pixels above it.  Has anyone
} > else seen this behavior who could offer me some pointers on how to get
} > auto hiding to work properly?  Since I've never seen any post regarding this
} > before, I assume I'm doing something wrong.  It's been annoying me to no end
} > for far too long now, and I'd like to get it fixed.  Thanks.
}
} How do you mean, at the top?

No, it's at exactly -14 (30 was a poor estimation) pixels in the y direction
on the display.  That's where the hotspot is too.

} My system (latest gnome and WindowMaker
} 0.60.0) works with it ok (tiny amount of the top of the panel appears at
} the bottom of my screen which acts as the hotspot).

This is what I'm going for, and perhaps I just have WindowMaker
configuration files that need to be replaced with the defaults from the
latest version.

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, ICEMT
patrick@137.org				| Carver Lab - 0095E Black Engineering
http://www.137.org/patrick/		| http://www.icemt.iastate.edu/