Re: gnome-terminal, X resources and function key programming.

Miguel de Icaza writes:

 > Gnome terminal does not use any of those settings.  it is a new
 > implementation of a terminal.
 >
 > Tell me which features you want, and we will support them in a nice
 > GUI configurable way.

One feature I would really like is to be able to turn logging to a
file on and off from a menu. Nearly all Windows and Mac terminals have
this option and its great if you work with routers all day like I do
as you can just toggle logging on to capture some debug. With Linux I
have to run script which works but is a pain as you have to do it
before you telnet to something, you can't just think hey I need to
capture that and turn logging on.

I know it would probably be regarded as a security hole but so is
script and all distributions provide that.

Pat