Re: gnome-terminal, X resources and function key programming.

In message <14166.59785.237795.322432@dasterdly.esc.azlan.co.uk>, Patrick Colbe
ck writes:
+-----
| I know it would probably be regarded as a security hole but so is
| script and all distributions provide that.
+--->8

xterm logging is a security hole because xterm is setuid root so it can
update utmp.  gnome-terminal is not setuid, so logging should be safe.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu