Re: Recent libraries are huge: new libtool/automake at fault?

If you want smaller libraries, set CFLAGS to something like -O2 (or -O6
-march=whatever -mcpu=whatever for egcs) before running autogen.sh.

Stripping libraries will get you into all sorts of trouble (some of those
symbols are used in the dynamic linking process).  You are better off
minimising the code size while compiling.

Of course this reduces your ability to send in useful bug reports (back
traces use these symbol tables and debugging information).

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/