Re: Panel sliding: Old slide algorithm back please?

> Around about 0.99.7, the panel and drawer sliding algorithms were changed
> so that the things scroll at constant speed when being hidden/unhidden
> etc.
>
> The old variable speed mechanism was far prettier to the eye. Can anyone
> enlighten us as to why it was changed?

I dunno, I never really liked the variable speed animation which caused me
to turn them off.  I like the current one much better.  Probably should be
a option or something.  Although there probably should be a line drawn as
to how far we want please everyone, otherwise we'll simply be making GNOME
large.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/