Re: GNOME security

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:14:57 +0000 (GMT), Chris Evans
<chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>As some of you may know I'm pretty active on the security-audit list. With
>GNOME about to hit prime time, I'd be glad to look over any security
>sensitive areas you want to direct me to.

Tis a little late for that, but better late than never :)

>Do any other areas of GNOME other than ORBit listen on network sockets?

esd (sound server, in the esound package).

gnome-session appears to (probably as part of libSM/libICE).

Not a definitive list,
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg