Re: Copyright and license of GNOME icons ...

> I'm really quite amazed at the simple yet asethetic look of a lot of the
> GNOME icons. Does anyone know who created them? I would like to use some of
> them ( like the okay and cancel icons ) in some of my Java programs but I
> don't know whether there is a "license" for them .. they are, after all,
> not code, nor library nor program. I assume they are covered in some form
> under the GPL. What the implications of this?

Tuomas Kuosmanen (tigert@gimp.org)

The icons are licensed under the terms of the GNU LGPL those available
on the gnome-libs distribution.  Other icons available in other
packages are available under the terms of the GNU GPL.

This means that if you link your program with these icons your code
should be licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL.

you can ask for a commercial license of those icons from Tuomas and he
will sell a license to you.

Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org