Re: Copyright and license of GNOME icons ...

> I'm really quite amazed at the simple yet asethetic look of a lot of the
> GNOME icons. Does anyone know who created them? I would like to use some of

It's a guy named TigerT.  Check out: tigert.gimp.org.  You'll see a lot of
his work.  He's a pretty cool artist.

> them ( like the okay and cancel icons ) in some of my Java programs but I
> don't know whether there is a "license" for them .. they are, after all,
> not code, nor library nor program. I assume they are covered in some form
> under the GPL. What the implications of this?

The copyright is his.  So send him some mail...

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/