Re: style and correctness

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Federico David Sacerdoti wrote:

> Style:
> -gmc needs a reload button. A big one, next to "home". The rescan
> directory menu option is used too much to have that function buried under
> a pull down menu

Seconded.

> - There is no check for multiple main panels. Two can appear on top of
> each other which is pretty confusing. I can fix this by killing the extra
> panels manually and gnome-session picks up on the change pretty well but I
> dont think this is the way it is supposed to work.

This has bitten me as well.

> -Does anyone think that it would be nice to get gmc-style filesystem trees
> in the left pane of open/save dialog boxes? I know this is more of a GTK
> question but Id like to get feedback about value/feasibility on this
> subject.

Yes!  I _hate_ having to use the pull-down box.  I believe that Macs
have this as well as windows in their file dialogues.

> Random b!tches:
> -E themes fill up the /tmp directory with so much stuff that my root
> partition gets completely filled. It would be nice for those files to live
> somewhere else. (I using the RH recommended fs setup with three
> partitions: /, /usr/, /home, standard UNIX style)

Are you using TMPDIR?  (Is TMPDIR the right name for this?  There's
some standard variable to define where to put one's TMP stuff...)

Thanks again to all the developers out there.  You guys rule.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton