Re: aclocal macro question

Grant Likely wrote:

> 2.  When I'm installing from tarballs, I had to first link
> /usr/share/aclocal to /opt/gnome/share/aclocal.  Is there anyway for me
> to make aclocal recognize other share/aclocal directories?

Have a look at the marvellous hack in macros/autogen.sh script.  When
invokingaclocal, you can pass a switch (-I from memory) to add
directories.  This script
searches for the command AM_ACLOCAL_INCLUDE macro with sed, and
adds the parameters to the commandline invocation.  The AM_ACLOCAL_INCLUDE
macros is just a stub in macros/aclocal-include.m4.

Anyway, you can *add* other directories with the AM_ACLOCAL_INCLUDE macro,
if you use the autogen.sh (running aclocal bare will not work)

Andrew Clausen