Re: gmc and linked applications?

On 15 Feb 1999, Kay Molkenthin wrote:
> I thought is it possible to link files with applications in gmc. Display
> images with ee, display the content of a *.tgz, ...
> I sthis possible or do I have misunderstood something?

yes this is possible.  GMC (actually gnome in general) gets the
information for what to launch for a particular file type from two
locations:

<basegnomedir>/share/mime-info/*.keys
and
~/.gnome/mime-info/*.keys

you can use <basegnomedir>/share/mime-info/mc.keys as an example for how
to specify the associations.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf

Life would be much easier if we could just look at the source code