I seem to be asking for things that exist. Sorry :)

I know it's not ideal form to follow up on your own messages, but
I might as well say "Whoops."

I said (a while back), in a long list of stuff about bug-reporting,

> Going further, you could take a partial leaf out of bashbug (not
> the 'automatic post to Usenet' part, though, please!) and have a
> button that you click on which generates the right headers for a
> bug report, and the contents of uname -a (for Linux systems,
> dunno the right ones for other ones) or whatever is generally
> relevant. Then the user would just have to explain what they did
> and what happened.

Um. Well. I was reading the gnome-libs README in /usr/doc,  and
- erm - this pretty much exists already. (Blush). It's not something
you can click on, but if you type 'gnome-bug' at a terminal, you are
dropped into your editor and given the template of an email to send
to submit@bugs.gnome.org. It has the headers there, with hints about
what you put in it and a bank space for you to fill in the package.

It could do with a "you have filled a bug report in; do you want
to send it?" thing at the end, just in case you change your mind,
but apart from that, it's there.

Someone mentioned that when you're paying by the minute, having
to check the website to remember the headers and the possible
entries was a pain. Anyone in that boat might be interested in
this.

Telsa