Re: White Space (Re: UI suggestion: gnome-dock)

James Henstridge wrote:

>If you do not want text+icons in the toolbar buttons, just change your
>preferences in the control center (it should be under user interface
>options, application defaults).  As for excessive white space, this is a
>little harder to fix (and quite a subjective criticism -- I think the
>spaced out GUI looks quite nice personally).

It looks very nice on my 21" monitor too, when I happen to be home, but it
wastes serious amounts of real estate on the notebook I'm usually using. I'd
love the option of a much leaner, but still attractively Gnome-ish
configuration. (unfortunately, since I can't code it myself, the developers
should take a (well deserved) break to howl and throw things at me)

Bob   rwsmith@cnw.com