Re: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

On Sun, Aug 01, 1999 at 10:39:07PM -0400, Jeremy Wise wrote:

> I for one find it a pain to set up my background in Gnome CC, only to have
> it overridden by Enlightenment when I restart X.

Couldn't that be done by adding some more stuff to the gnome <-> wm
interface so they can agree on who gets to control the background?

On another gnome / wm issue, while I'm here - is there no way of saying
"don't move this window without my permission" to the wm? It really ought to
be set for the panels, because otherwise you can drag them around - and then
you minimise them with a hide button (or auto-hide for that matter), and
they jump back to their original position. Making them immovable by the wm
is probably better than making them work happily in their new position,
although either would be a hell of lot better - this is a highly confusing
mis-feature IMHO.

James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org