Re: Call for constructive user criticism.

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The core files were 95% because anytime Gtk lost the X connection it used
> to call abort(), resulting in a core dump. So if you exit X, all the apps
> lose their connection and you get the big pile o' core. This is fixed in
> the most recent Gtk 1.2.x release, I believe. It's not indicative of
> application bugs.
>
> The other 5% of the core is just bugs, and yes we're fixing those. :-)
> (You can always ulimit -c to restrict corefile size to 0 if you simply
> don't want to see corefiles.)

That is not a real solution.  In general, core files should be generated
to show
that there is a problem that needs to be fixed.  The real solution is to
have an
error handler for the problem.  It looks like, with the Gtk 1.2 release,
that
most of them have been fixed.  Maybe I can start using gnome again.

Kent
--
Expect to be publicly mocked as long as you call yourselves "perl
experts".

	- Abigail in slrn7qbcr6.r33.abigail@alexandra.delanet.com