FreeBSD trials and tribulations...

Well, I've compleated compiling the bleeding edge gnome on FreeBSD and boy
are my arms tired!

Most of the early libs and such were cake to install -- but about the time
I get to gnome-libs and gnome-core everything started to break down.

orbit-config wasn't defined in any of the makefiles that it should have
been, a bunch of liborbit and libgnorba directories needed to be filled in
by hand.  The same with libzvt.

Now that I've got it all straightened out, I wanted to ask why these
things weren't foudn and set up by configure.  I had installed all the
past packages with the prefix /opt/gnome or /opt/gtk, would that make it
hard for configure to do it's job?  Are there command line options that I
could have passed to configure to help it out?

I'd like to wrap up this release into the FreeBSD ports collection, so any
help you can give would be appreciated!

  Josh Emmons...j-emmons@sjca.edu