Re: gnomeConf.sh not found

> Dear gnomers,
> I have discovered the gnome project recently and am very happy with this
> interface for my RedHat.
>
> When I try to compile some programs like balsa (mail client) and gnotes
> (Postit Notes) I have the following error from the execution of the
> configure script:

> checking for gnome-config... no
> checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
> configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
> by gnome-libs install
>
> I have installed the rpm that is recommended by Gnome,
> gnome-libs-1.0.8-2rh without errors and I have execute a whole find for
> this file and do not find it on my system.
>
> Please, can someone help me?
> Thanks.

I have this file on my system, located under /usr/lib
check to see if it located there. if not make sure you have these
packages installed.  then re-run ' ldconfig ' to make sure the library
is linked and then check the script of the installed package for the
path and change it if necessary.  I would run the config again after
you verified the file is there and re-run ldconfig.  If it still errors out
then change the script to match the path.  Oh btw, I may not know
what I am talking about but this process seems to work for me.

Here is my package list:

Base/GXedit-1.23-1.i386.rpm
Base/ORBit-0.4.3-1.i386.rpm
Base/audiofile-0.1.6-2.i386.rpm
Base/control-center-1.0.5-13.i386.rpm
Base/desktop-backgrounds-1.0.0-3.noarch.rpm
Base/ee-0.3.8-6.i386.rpm
Base/enlightenment-0.15.5-25.i386.rpm
Base/enlightenment-conf-0.15-4.i386.rpm
Base/esound-0.2.12-1.i386.rpm
Base/fnlib-0.4-7.1.i386.rpm
Base/freetype-1.1-5.1.i386.rpm
Base/gdm-1.0.0-12rh.i386.rpm
Base/gedit-0.5.1-2.i386.rpm
Base/gftp-1.13-3.i386.rpm
Base/glib-1.2.1-1.i386.rpm
Base/glib10-1.0.6-4.1.i386.rpm
Base/glib10-1.0.6-4.1.i386.rpm
Base/gmc-4.5.30-3rh.i386.rpm
Base/gnome-audio-1.0.0-5.noarch.rpm
Base/gnome-audio-extra-1.0.0-5.noarch.rpm
Base/gnome-core-1.0.4-13rh.i386.rpm
Base/gnome-games-1.0.2-7.1.i386.rpm
Base/gnome-libs-1.0.8-2rh.i386.rpm
Base/gnome-linuxconf-0.22-0.1.i386.rpm
Base/gnome-media-1.0.1-2.i386.rpm
Base/gnome-objc-1.0.2-1.i386.rpm
Base/gnome-pim-1.0.7-1.i386.rpm
Base/gnome-users-guide-1.0.5-1.noarch.rpm
Base/gnome-utils-1.0.1-5.i386.rpm
Base/gnorpm-0.8-0.1.i386.rpm
Base/gnotepad+-1.1.3-1.i386.rpm
Base/gnumeric-0.23-1.1.i386.rpm
Base/gqview-0.6.0-2.i386.rpm
Base/gtk+-1.2.1-7.i386.rpm
Base/gtk+10-1.0.6-4.1.i386.rpm
Base/gtk+10-1.0.6-4.1.i386.rpm
Base/gtk-engines-0.5-11.i386.rpm
Base/gtop-1.0.1-2.i386.rpm
Base/imlib-1.9.5-1.i386.rpm
Base/imlib-cfgeditor-1.9.5-1.i386.rpm
Base/libghttp-1.0.2-1.i386.rpm
Base/libgtop-1.0.1-1.2.i386.rpm
Base/libgtop-examples-1.0.1-1.2.i386.rpm
Base/libxml-1.0.0-1.1.i386.rpm
Base/mc-4.5.30-3rh.i386.rpm
Base/mcserv-4.5.30-3rh.i386.rpm
Base/xchat-0.9.4-2.i386.rpm