gnomeConf.sh not found

Dear gnomers,
I have discovered the gnome project recently and am very happy with this
interface for my RedHat.

When I try to compile some programs like balsa (mail client) and gnotes
(Postit Notes) I have the following error from the execution of the
configure script:

checking for gnome-config... no
checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
by gnome-libs install

I have installed the rpm that is recommended by Gnome,
gnome-libs-1.0.8-2rh without errors and I have execute a whole find for
this file and do not find it on my system.

Please, can someone help me?
Thanks.

Enric Navarro Sanchis.Analista Sistemas.http://nti.uji.es/~navarro
		| Do Not Buy Ivory   |