Re: Database storage approach

This reminds me a lot of that proposal for a Liquid File System, which
IMHO would be a better approach.  Unfortuantely I dont have an URL for
said proposal.  The idea largely consisted of making a replacement for the
filesystem entirely by something which could be accessed like a
traditional file system for compatibility, but instead of a heirarchy, had
attributes of a file in the form of directories.
For instance, /usr/src/linux and /usr/linux/src would be the same
"directory", therefore allowing you to get everything in a given
"category" by looking in that attribute.  Since this is a pretty
specialized task, i think a mini-database would do fairly well to serve
this purpose.  I dont know what happened to/with the proposal but I still
think its worth looking into