Netscape Urls and Panel; drag & drop ?

Apparently somebody is writing an applet that holds netscape urls, This is a nice though, but for me, I find having a Panel menu   hold my url.desktop files is quite nice and very easy to access. Problem is, Dragging a url from netscape to the panel  menu   doesn't work, netscape->panel works fine , panel -> menu does not work though (just makes a duplicate copy of the url icon on the panel.)  So right now i end up copying those .desktop files in to my /gnome/share/gnome/apps/Web Links/  directory, which is a bit of a pain to setup.

Anybody know if it would be possible to code the panel so new menu's will accept drag and drops (from the panel itself, the desktop or netscape or whatever the source might be.)

(btw, even after 2 1/2 years of linux use, i still cant figure out why vi wont let me backspace :)
argh, there it goes again, after pressing cursor keys, backspace just dies, what an insane feature