Re: Window managers

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

| > Then it is much better to use a wizard like the one that was suggested
| > earlier. (If you don't remember, there was a suggestion that one made
| > a wizard that warned newbies not to run gnome as root, but create an
| > users account)
|
| Let me see if I understand:
|
| 	1. Adding the dependency to the RPM took a 1 line change.
|
| 	2. We do not have any wizard tool to do this, so we need a
| 	   wizard tool that will take a few hundred lines of code.  I
| 	   think you can do this in 10 minutes right?
|
| We are eagerly waiting for your code.

No need, the code is already there as somebody mentioned. One already
gets a warning if the WM is not complaint. This is enough one do not
need an animated wizard or any fancy stuff like that just a warning
dialog.

But what you are saying is that Gnome is dependant on Enlightenment,
which I thought it wasn't. Silly me. I though much of the KDE bashing
was that they had their own WM and that one couldn't use the software
on others. This was not to be the case with GNOME if I remember
correctly.

--
Preben Randhol                     «There are three things you can do
[randhol@pvv.org] 	            to a woman. You can love her, suffer