Re: Database storage approach

"Timothy H. Keitt" <keitt@nceas.ucsb.edu> writes:

| a database or a standard file system.  The problem with most file systems is
| that they are like unencapsulated data---they allow you to do stupid things.

The OS/GUI should not try to outsmart you. :-)

Look at a car, should there be a computer in the car that says "Are
you really really sure you want to turn of the road ?" when you try to
avoid a road accident ?

But that said one can easily mess up a database as well.

| And like it or not we all do stupid things occasionally.  Try "su -; mv -f
| /usr /user; shutdown -r now" and see what happens (actually don't; just think
| about it ;-)

Yes and then we learn, and don't stay ignorant. :-) Like the child learns
when he/she gets too close to the stove.

--
Preben Randhol                     «There are three things you can do
[randhol@pvv.org] 	            to a woman. You can love her, suffer