Re: undefined symbol: --bzero

Hi Dave,
        Thank you for your advice. I tried to locate glibc2.1 in RPM
format last night, however I have not yet been able to find it. Do you
know whether RPMs are available?

Also, during my search there seemed to be numerous news group warnings
about glibc2.1 incompatibility in RH5.2. Regardless of this, I am
willing to try it. I will try anything now. I re-installed RH another
four times today. I even tried an 'Everything install' and a forced,
nodeps install of Gnome/Enlightenment. I also tried installing the
February release of Gnome and then upgrading to April 14th. Everything I
do results in the same error.

If glibc2.1 is the problem, then wouldn't all Red Hat 5.2 users receive
the same error. I can't find any mention of it anywhere. There is also
no mention of it on the Gnome.org, Red Hat installation page.

(http://www.gnome.org/start/getting_rh.shtml)

I really feel as though I am banging my head against a wall here. I
would really appreciate any further advice that you, or anybody else on
this list, may have to offer on this problem.

Thank you,

Hamish