Re: Gnome starts slowly

Well, I have the same problem.
It happened after I had to reset the computer (complete lockup when
trying to mount a floppy).
the symptoms are:
on login enlightenment starts very quick as normal, but the panel only
appears after a couple of minutes and gmc still some minutes later. I'm
not talking ten seconds, it really takes minutes.

When I logout, the panel dissapears immediately, but thats it, all the
rest (enlightenment, gmc,..)stays. I then open a terminal and kill
gnome-session to logout.

I haven't found a solution yet as it just started to happen yesterday
evening at home, but it seems that gnome-session can't handle crashes
very well. (and crashes do happen, even on linux).

Probably deleting all the files within .gnome will help, but I don't
really call this a solution. Maybe I'm going to do this when I upgrade
gnome, my version is now 2 weeks old and for some things (gmc,
gnome-libs..) 1 to 2 versions behind.....

--
filip peters
fp@metris.be