Gnome starts slowly

I effectly use enlightenment
Enlightenment starts at the middle of the 3-4 minutes.
My celereon is a 300Mhz serie A whitch runs at 450Mhz i've 64 Mo and 16 Go
DD
I've no sound support installed
I've the lasts RPMS (as of 14 avril 1999)

It's a very very big load time diifference !!!
At the beginning, I was thinking the machine was stopped.

Log out in the foot menu does nothing since I've the problem.

I've soon re-install all my system and it's the same problem after 10-20
power-off power-on

Just after the installation, all works fine - very fine -

fnowe@wanadoo.fr