Authentication problems

Hm. Looks like I've got some fundamental problems with X
authentication (I never bothered much about it) on my machine. Wonder
why they only came up after the upgrade to glib/GTK+ 1.2.2?

gnome-smproxy: unable to connect to session manager
Imlib Init
initializing...
While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 authentication
rejected.

<OUTPUT>

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
[...]

Gdk-Message: Got event for unknown window: 0

SetKbdSettings - type: 2 rate: 5 delay: 500 snumlk: 0
SetKbdSettings - Succeeded
xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0
xscreensaver disabling server builtin screensaver.
xscreensaver: you can re-enable it with "xset s on".

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 authentication
rejected.

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 authentication
rejected.

</OUTPUT>

Well, and then it discarded my session.

mawa
--
[...] your 'I am an expert' attitude which is much worse than the
"c.o.l.a. attitude" that you like to complain about so much.