Re: Gnome starts slowly

Hi

Filip Peters a écrit :

I haven't found a solution yet as it just started to happen yesterday
evening at home, but it seems that gnome-session can't handle crashes
very well. (and crashes do happen, even on linux).
Yes, I have the same conclusion. Something new happend this morning while I was looking for a solution. A panel appear with the following message : "could not find the adresse of the machine pello.... etc" with very long time between launching applications.
I don't know a lot concerning the Gnome architecture, but there is a process named gnone-name-service. So I suppose that sometnings happens after a crash of the sesion manager that cause the name resolution to fail and the application to take a long time to launch.

Now I get back a stable a fast contexte. For that I :

And, lucky all was cleanly restored.
Before doing that I tried the save-session --kill command sugested by "Gleef" but I got only errors messages like : GnomeUI-Warning MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE....
authetication rejected gsm-protocol-new-client failed

I don't know is these could help.

As I don't know more concerning the internals of gnome, my solution is not very determinist, but now it's ok.

Sincerely
--
            La vie est belle          Pierre Léonard
http://www.teaser.fr/~pleonard        Pierre.Leonard@teaser.fr