Wheel mouse in gnome

    This may or may not be related to gnome, but I would appreciate some
feedback. I have a Logitech Mouseman with a wheel, and all the buttons work
fine. I set up my /etc/XF86Config file to use the wheel (with ZAxisMapping 4
5), but the wheel only works partially. It will work fine in an Eterm, and
the 'open' dialog boxes. But with gEdit and Netscape (among others) it won't
work in the main application. Like, if I open a file, the wheel will scroll
down the directory listing, but when the file is loaded, moving the wheel
does absolutely nothing. Same thing in netscape.