desktop icons in gmc don't change

How do you get gmc to allow different icons for links on the desktop, for the
floppy or cdrom, for example.  I am running the latest gmc.  Whenever I right
click on the link, choose properties and change the icon, the icon shows that it
is changed in the dialog, but when I click ok, nothing changes.  If I choose the
properties of that icon again, the icon matches the one on the desktop, not the
one I tried to change to.

--
Manish Vachharajani           Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>               your expensive computer