Re: Fwd: gnumeric and libxml

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  Well, Frederico was looking into this, but I havn't received a response
> >  about it.  It is fixable (by just copying in the definition of MAX from
> >  glib.h).  I also emailed Patrick Volkerding about this because it
> >  happened with INT_MAX too from limits.h and I'm concerned it may be a
> >  problem in the slackware linker.
>
> I think you may have duplicated -I entries in your compiler command
> lines, which libc5 really does not like.
>
> <flamebait>
> You may try using a distribution that uses a C library that is
> actually being maintained :-)
> </flamebait>
>
>   Federico

heh

/me throws a match frederico's way.

Would this be in the egcs spec file? Being of limited programming
knowledge i'm not sure what you mean.  glib-config gives me

coredump:~$ glib-config --cflags
-I/usr/X11R6/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

which looks right.  What's more is somebody running solaris reported the
same undefined references to MAX that I had on slackware.

<backdraft>
With linux becomming bigger, and large rollouts being done, one must
consider that living on the "bleeding edge" is not acceptable or easy
for a company/organization managing hundreds of machines.  Didn't glibc2
come with a nice beta tag up until recently?  If I rolled out 200
desktops last year when a lot of distros were still libc5, i'd hate to
have to start over again just to install a glibc2 based distro.
</backdraft>

Peace,

-Brian