Re: Library headaches, Part II

+++ Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 02:21:02PM +0200 +++
Matthias Warkus e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Is this annoying behaviour of libpng and libz due to my SuSE 6.0
> distro (quirky as everyone knows)?
>
> gmc: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2: undefined symbol: inflateInit_
> panel: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2: undefined symbol: inflateInit_
>
> I can fix this with LD_PRELOAD=libz.so, but I don't think that's how
> it should work. libz is installed in /usr/X11R6/lib, symlinked into
> /usr/lib, and somehow only libpng has got problems linking to it.
>
> I have compiled libpng I don't know how many times, and the problem
> didn't go away. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Forget it. I have managed to solve this problem by brain-damagedly
recompiling zlib (ONLY the static library, not the shared one), thus
forcing libpng to link zlib in statically when I recompiled it, and
finally I recompiled Imlib, too. Everything seems to work now.

I wish I knew what was broken.

mawa
--
"Is it still periodicity if you know it is and you're doing it on
purpose?"