problem with self-built-rpm's

Hi!

I've built rpm's from the latest tarballs for my SuSE 6.0 System. Now I
have two problems, one with the panel and one with the control-center:

panel:

I can't add any applets, I don't know why, but if I click on an applet
(in the menu) nothing happens. To drag a menu-entry from the
"Start-menu" to the panel doesn't work too.

control-center:

To start the control-center is not the problem, but if I click, for
instance, on "background" it says me that is unable to reach the
control-center:

**WARNING** Unable to reach the control-center.
Exiting...

richard

P.S.: I've installed gnome-core and control-center with the prefix
"/opt/gnome" (in the .spec file). What prefixes should the other
packages have? (glib, gtk+ ["/usr" ?], freetype, xscreensaver ?)