Re: Library headaches, Part II

Hi mawa

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:21:02 +0200
mawarkus@t-online.de (Matthias Warkus) wrote:

> gmc: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2: undefined symbol: inflateInit_
> panel: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.2: undefined symbol: inflateInit_
>
> I can fix this with LD_PRELOAD=libz.so, but I don't think that's how
> it should work. libz is installed in /usr/X11R6/lib, symlinked into
> /usr/lib, and somehow only libpng has got problems linking to it.

libz in the X distribution does not implement some of the functions
that libpng needs.

1. rm -f /usr/X11R6/libz.*
2. I suppose you have zlib 1.1.3 source.  If not, grab that.
3. Configure, compile and install the libz for your system.  Be sure
to pass '--shared' option to configure script.
4. Clean recompile the libpng and install.

If this still does not solve your problem, there are few other things
I can suggest, but this seems to be a good place to start.

Zen

----------/* E-Mail : <atmczen@ibm.net > */----------