Re: Does gnome forget environment variables?

Maybe you already know this, but you need to start x11amp trough esound, I mean
"esdsp x11amp" instead of "x11amp", or you need a newer x11amp. (I think that the
newer has esd support build-in).

Sound in gnome is handled through esound so you can play multiple wavs at the same
time, it works very well, I also use it under windowmaker with a patched wmsound.