Re: Rebuild failure w/gnome-libs-1.0.8-1rh.src.rpm

Hello Bob,

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:59:46 -0700
Bob Taylor <brtaylor@inreach.com> wrote:

> > > make: @SHELL@: Command not found
> > > make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 127
> > > Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.48586 (%build)
>
> I found the problem after the sources compiled fine without rpm. I took
> *several* looks at the spec file before seeing autoconf there amongst
> the patches. Just remove/comment out autoconf and do an rpm -ba --clean
> gnome-libs-rh52.spec.
I read somewhere on the net there is a subtle bug in earlier version
of auto tools.

Updating to autoconf >= 2.13 should fix this problem.  To be on the
safe side, I recommend that you update to automake >= 1.4 as well.

Zen

----------/* E-Mail : <atmczen@ibm.net > */----------