Re: Rebuild failure w/gnome-libs-1.0.8-1rh.src.rpm

In message <371126AD.85555250@banff.org>, Ryan Johnston writes:

> Does anybody have a fix for this? I've been having the same problem trying
> build an rpm from gnome-libs-1.0.8-1rh.src.rpm.
>
> I was anxious to get it to work so I just hacked in shell = /bin/sh inside
> every
> Makefile.in. That wasn't a fix though, on the next compile it died with the
> same
> error except now it is @INSTALL_SCRIPT@ not defined.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ryan
>
> Bob Taylor wrote:
>
> > I received the following error rebuilding gnome-libs-1.0.8-1rh.src.rpm:
> >
> > make: @SHELL@: Command not found
> > make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 127
> > Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.48586 (%build)

I found the problem after the sources compiled fine without rpm. I took
*several* looks at the spec file before seeing autoconf there amongst
the patches. Just remove/comment out autoconf and do an rpm -ba --clean
gnome-libs-rh52.spec.

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor@inreach.com            |
| Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a     |
| swimsuit. At 600 dpi you can tell it's wet. At 1200 dpi you   |
| can tell it's painted on. I suppose at 2400 dpi you can tell  |
| if the paint is giving her a rash. (So says Joshua R. Poulson)|