Rebuild failure w/gnome-libs-1.0.8-1rh.src.rpm

In message <37157AC646.9D4CATMCZEN@smtp-gw01.ny.us.ibm.net>,
atmczen@ibm.net wr
ites:
cc:  gnome-list@gnome.org
> Hello Bob,

> > I found the problem after the sources compiled fine without rpm. I took
> > *several* looks at the spec file before seeing autoconf there amongst
> > the patches. Just remove/comment out autoconf and do an rpm -ba --clean
> > gnome-libs-rh52.spec.
> I read somewhere on the net there is a subtle bug in earlier version
> of auto tools.
>
> Updating to autoconf >= 2.13 should fix this problem.  To be on the
> safe side, I recommend that you update to automake >= 1.4 as well.

Michael,

Is this true? If so, where are the updates? Rawhide?

I'm sending this to gnome-list as Red Hat's MTA has, in the past,
considered
email from me as SPAM. Sucks!

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor@inreach.com            |
| Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a     |
| swimsuit. At 600 dpi you can tell it's wet. At 1200 dpi you   |
| can tell it's painted on. I suppose at 2400 dpi you can tell  |
| if the paint is giving her a rash. (So says Joshua R. Poulson)|