Re: File selection dialogs and hidden files

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:37:51 PDT, "Fox, Kevin M" wrote:

>there does need to be a place to configure the ability to viewing of
.files,
>but it should be defaulted to off... The reason they are dot files
is to
>hide them... what good is showing hidden files by default  :)

Hmm... I'm not sure how this migrated to gnome-list (I was sure I
posted it to gnome-devel-list), but in any case, I thought I'd share
with you a fix which was suggested to me by Martijn van Beers
(martijn@earthling.net) in private mail: just type . followed by tab,
and hidden files will appear; apparently it's an (un?)intentional
side effect of tab completion.

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal