Re: Problem with Control Center 1.0.5 screensaver setup

I hit this problem, too.  For some reason, control-center looks for the
screen hacks in /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver (or something very similar to
that.  Check your /.gnome/Screensaver file; it'll probably have some paths
very similar to this in it.  You should be able to just drop in a symlink
from /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver (or whatever path control-panel is
looking in) to the directory where you installed your screensaver hacks.

This problem pissed me (a big ol' GNOME newbie) off for a while before I
got around it.  Can any of you GNOME wizards out there explain why
control-panel looks in that path?  Is this a configurable behavior?

Aaron C. Redalen
School of Information and Library Science
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill