Re: Problem with Control Center 1.0.5 screensaver setup

    Aaron> I hit this problem, too.  For some reason, control-center
    Aaron> looks for the screen hacks in /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver
    Aaron> (or something very similar to that.  Check your
    Aaron> /.gnome/Screensaver file; it'll probably have some paths
    Aaron> very similar to this in it.  You should be able to just
    Aaron> drop in a symlink from /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver (or
    Aaron> whatever path control-panel is looking in) to the directory
    Aaron> where you installed your screensaver hacks.

Thanks to your answer I found the problem.  The screensaver capplet is
looking for the hacks at a Red Hat specific location.  Commenting out
or simply erasing the

at control-center-1.0.5/capplets/screensaver-properties/callbacks.c,
line 26, and recompiling will fix the problem.  I suppose this line
was left there accidentally by the package maintainer.

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes