Problem with Control Center 1.0.5 screensaver setup

Hi:

Since I installed the 1.0.5 tarball, Control Center is not showing
any screensavers in the selection list on the Screensaver capplet.
All I get is the "No Screensaver" and the "Random Screensaver"
entries.  The desktop files for the screensavers are all in place
(/usr/local/gnome/share/control-center/.data/ in my setup) and
xscreensaver is properly installed (I can even run the hacks by hand
from the command line).

I've been looking at the code, but was unable to find any possible
cause for the problem.

Best regards,

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co