Re: "proprietary" vs. polluting (was Re: propriatary question)

In message <3706BD33.5A275D4B@carnet.hr>, Tomislav Vujec writes:
+-----
| "Brandon S. Allbery" wrote:
| > A recent (as in, earlier today) message pointed out that "build with egcs"
| is
| > the "official" fix for a problem in gnome-objc.  I've a few other things th
| at
| > need to be built with egcs on my home system -- and no interest in finding
| > out if the same is true on my work Solaris box.
|
| But if gcc says internal compiler error (as in mentioned article),  its
| common sense to suggest using upgraded compiler.  It is not the right
+--->8

It would make sense if anything other than the Objective C parts of GNOME
cared about Objective C around here; as it is, GNOME is an insufficient
argument for doubling the pain (we're already struggling with a gcc2.8.1
upgrade).

If GNOME is officially "only bleeding edge need apply" software, then it
won't be adopted where stability is needed.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu