Re: esound feature request

+++ Sun, Apr 04, 1999 at 07:01:23AM +1000 +++
Andrew Clausen e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Szabo, Balazs wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> >   I  am using  esound for  quite  some time,  and  I've found  it as  an
> > extremely useful thing.
> >   I don't  know how  it works  exactly, I  hope I  won't write  too much
> > stupid things in the followings.
> >   Esound  will be  more more  professional, if  it can  be installed  as
> > setuid root, and  it could use the default linux  realtime scheduler. It
> > can  avoid the  sound-problems with  high load.  Is it  possible to  do?
>
> Can't see why not...
>
> > Will it affect other realtime tasks?
>
> Depends how you prioritize.  If you set the priority level below all of
> theother RT tasks, it won't affect them.

Ho, ho, ho...

Am I missing something? Is a normal Linux kernel real-time capable? Or
are we talking RTLinux here?

mawa
--
Quality is not a cause of popularity; in fact, they are almost *never*
found together. MS Windows is the computer equivalent of burger chains