Re: Control center and windowmanagers

On 23 Sep, Richard Hult shouted:
->  Has anyone planned to make capplets for different windowmanagers? As far as
->  I know, there are configuration utilities for WindowMaker and Enlightenment
->  and maybe for other wm's too, and maybe these could be ported to become
->  capplets? Another alternative could be to make simple capplets that just let
->  you change to most basic things.
->
->  I don't know if it's really needed, but it would be slick and cool to be
->  able to configure all of your workspace in one place, with the same look and
->  feel ;) And it would even let grandma (well ok, maybe mom or dad then ;)
->  change the looks of her windowmanager.
->
->  Every single configuration option doesn't need to be represented in the
->  capplet of course, but titel fonts, font sizes, any pixmaps used, opaque
->  resizing/moving, and so on. Just the basics to be able to configure your own
->  personal favorite wm :)
->
->  I guess we would have to write capplets for all the windowmanagers or maybe
->  a capplet, with a nice API, that accepts some kind of plug-ins, containing
->  the things that differs between the several wm's out there.
->
->  I haven't given this much thought yet, but it just now struck me as a good
->  idea. Any feedback? Totally stupid?

Simple answer - yes. it's been well thought about. I am perosnally
pallning on supporitng Enlightenment and writing a capplet for it - I
hope other WM users/maintainers will follow suit and write capplets too.

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
raster@rasterman.com       /\___ /\ ___/||\___ ____/|/\___  raster@redhat.com