Re: Control center and windowmanagers

> Has anyone planned to make capplets for different windowmanagers?

Yes, this is planned for.  A somewhat rambling description of it is in
gnome-core/capplets/README (just committed, so if it's not in AnonCvs
yet, I'm not surprised :).  In a nutshell, there is a mechanism for
testing whether or not a certain capplet will appear in the control
center.  Thus, we implement things like the background properties
capplet once per window-manager.  I am planning on writing a
background-properties-capplet widget, with all the pertinent functions
(ie load, save, apply etc.) virtual, making it easy to implement one for
a specific wm.  In addition, (and more importantly) it'll make them
consistent from wm to wm.

-Jonathan