Re: How to keep windows from maximizing over the panel

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 05:52:04PM -0400, raster@redhat.com wrote:
> also we have to think now about the corner panels - if you have more
> than one panel etc.. how do we consider their gemoetry sicne corner
> panels ar3ent the full width or height of the screen but can expand to
> that.. etc...

unless you want to do something incredibly smart or sofisticated it can be
done quite easily .... consider corner panels to be equivalent to side
panels for maximizing ....

I think another nice thing would be that if the panel is hidden so that only
the hidebutton shows, it should be allways on top and the window manager
should use the full area for maximizing and initial window placement ...

then again, this is a policy issue that probably should not be dictated by
the panel, but by the wm ... the panel should only set the hints and let
the wm do the thinking :)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: