Re: How to keep windows from maximizing over the panel

On 15 Sep, Todd Graham Lewis shouted:
->  On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Soren Harward wrote:
->
->  > Perhaps this should be a condition for "GNOME-friendly window managers."
->
->  I think that as a matter of fairness we should have an example of a
->  behaviour before we mandate it.  I think that having WMs respect the
->  panel is technologically non-trivial, which I think is the point at
->  which Geoff was hinting.

whihc it is not - step 1 is to make the panel a WM client (E suports
enough hints for this as does icewm - i had a hacked panel around that
did this just to test it out). step 2 is to make the WM think that
macimising isnt maximising to the height/width of the screen but the
width/heigh tof the screen MINUS an arear used up by another clients
window.. how exactly you plan on calculating this "new" screen size can
vary tremendously.

also we have to think now about the corner panels - if you have more
than one panel etc.. how do we consider their gemoetry sicne corner
panels ar3ent the full width or height of the screen but can expand to
that.. etc...

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
raster@rasterman.com       /\___ /\ ___/||\___ ____/|/\___  raster@redhat.com