Re: Java Bindings

Olivier> For instance, with the current converter
Olivier> gtk_window_set_title(..) is translated to:

Olivier> package gtk;

Olivier> class Window
Olivier> {
Olivier>    void setTitle(String title)
Olivier>    ...

This seems exactly right.  (Well, except for the `iCantReadThis' caps
style -- but I realize that is just a personal problem of mine.)

Olivier> Also, some development tools relies on these conventions to
Olivier> provide additional features (i.e. JavaBeans "patterns").

Eww.

Olivier> But it is true that I might have been a bit extremist with
Olivier> the renaming of GtkWindow into gtk.Window

I don't think so.

Olivier> I can add a flag in the next converter to toggle this naming
Olivier> behavior and default it to the gtk.GtkWindow scheme.

I think this would be a mistake.  Wouldn't this mean that you could
have two Java/Gtk programs that would require incompatible naming
schemes?  This just seems really wrong.

I say just pick the scheme you like (or the scheme somebody convinces
you is right) and stick with it.

Tom