Re: xpdf?

>> What does xpdf offer over ghostview? I've noticed xpdf to be faster
>> than ghostview (or acrobat reader), but I imagine this is mostley
>> because it doesn't antialias. Is there anything special xpdf
>> offers? (Or should I keep on using ghostview)

Miguel> Ghostview displays pages.  xpdf/acroread are programs that
Miguel> allow you to do more than that: they let you naviate the
Miguel> document, and provide index to pages.

Ghostview also shows you an index of pages, if it can get this
information from the .ps file.

PDF does give you more than just ps, e.g. hyperlinks.  I don't think
that's significant enough to warrant an entirely new program.

That is, I'm with the "put it in ggv" people.  It would be nice to
have a single, simple interface to the various "book-like" things I
want to read: most postscript documents, PDF, DVI, maybe RTF (I don't
know RTF).

Tom